Friday, March 30, 2012

If I won the lottery....

So, our current Mega-Millions jackpot is up to over $600 million, apparently the highest in its history.  I do not normally gamble at all.  On rare occasions, I'll get a wild hair and buy a scratch off, but that's very, very rare.  I won $50 once.  It was a cool feeling.  But, I think I shall definitely have to buy a couple of these $600 Mega-Million tickets.  Which, of course, always makes one think of what you would do with that much money (somewhere around $400 million after taxes). 

1.  I would buy a house and two new cars. 
2.  I would put money away for both of the boys' college funds. 
3.  I would quit work.  There, I said it.  I would never be "forced" to work another day in my life.  That's not to say that I wouldn't work, I would just work when and how I chose to.
4.  I would completely remodel and fix my grandparents' house....or maybe just buy them a new one.  But they would live out the rest of their lives in style. 
5.  I would definitely share.  Joey and I would find some way to help our immediate family financially.  I don't know how we would do it, but we would. 
6.  I would travel....a lot.  My family would make an art of travelling the globe.  African safaris, Australian outback, England, Italy, Germany, and lots and lots and lots of tropical places. 
7.  I would hire a maid.  I would never clean house or do laundry again.  It would be awesome. 
8.  I might even hire a chef. 
9.  I would give to some charity....maybe the American Cancer Society or something. 

Okay, that's it.  I just need to win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment