Monday, March 19, 2012

Right where I should be....

How I know I'm right where I should be in life:

1.  I did an accounting assignment this morning for one of my classes.  It took me about 5-6 hours and consisted primarily of computing financial ratios and comparing/contrasting the financial statements and accompanying ratios of two different IT companies.  I loved it. 
2.  I'm off today.
3.  My boys are ready for baseball practice and are outside "warming up" before practice....of their own choice....did I mention I always wanted boys that loved to play baseball?
4.  I was able to go into the pet store today, fall madly in love with an adorable little black kitten with a white nose, as well as two adorable little baby dumbo rats, and walk out without any of them in my possession.  This is not a feat I would have deemed possible several years ago....
5.  Whilst in the pet store, someone had apparently ticked off the ball python so that he was all coiled up into his little "s" striking stance.  The minute I walked over and put my hand near the glass, he struck the glass.....several times.  Clearly, being on the outside of his tank was the right place to be.  It was quite funny, and I thoroughly enjoyed teasing him and repeatedly making him strike his head against the glass.  While I know he's not poisonous, I don't wager that getting bit by him would be real fun either.  I now know that I don't ever want a pet snake (yes, that had been debatable up until this point).  I much prefer the cute, cuddly ones.
6.  Did I mention I'm off work today?
7.  I don't have anything to complain about.  I mean, I guess I do, but I don't feel like it.  I'm happy.  I'm content.  I'm satisfied.  I'm me.  That's a good place to find yourself. 

Hope you're in the right place right now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment