Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sometimes....you just want to punch them in the face

So, I am not a mean person by any shape of the word.  While I am not someone that could be described as "patient," I am usually pretty kind unless very tired or unless my buttons have just been pushed too much.  Today, both happened.  I was very tired, and entirely too many really irritating things happened in a row to the point that I really just wanted to punch someone.  Usually, it's when someone has been extremely rude for no reason or has said something so incredibly stupid that I wonder how it is possible that they've functioned this far in life.  Both occurred today several, several times too many in a row. 

After the couple of given people today said the amazingly stupid (or rude) things that they said to me and I had been given a chance to calm down and actually be able to look back and reflect at the humor in their stupidity (or rudeness), I began to reflect.  I wonder what it is that these people see on my face when they say things like this to me.....I can hide it very well from my customers at work, because I've been trained to do so.  But I do not hide it very well from anyone who knows me at all, like, say, my employees......So, I wonder what my face looks like when this stupid moment happens. 

I wonder if they can tell that I'm secretly wishing I could just knock the stupid out of them.  I wonder if it's written all over my face how I'm wondering how it is that they were able to graduate from elementary high school with this level of complete lack of common sense.  I wonder if they realize that it's taking all of my own intelligence to try to decipher what it is that they just asked me or said to me so that I can "dumb" down my answer to make sense to them. 

I know that this all sounds horrible.  I'm seriously not at all a mean person, nor would I ever punch someone.  At my mid-thirties-age, I've never punched anyone besides my little brother, and he deserved it doesn't count.  And I'm usually not judgemental of stupid people  people having brain farts.  I'm just tired and grumpy, and the impatience is showing. 

So, enough of my venting.  I promise that my next post will be more positive.  Not that anyone reads this anyway, but it sure felt good to get that out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment