Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's the "little" things.....

I've never been a big girl.  Although I had my own self-imposed weight "issues" when I was in high school & college, looking back now I realize how silly I was.  I struggled to lose weight after my first baby, and literally left the mall crying when I could barely squeeze my tush into a size 11/12 pant.  I've always hovered somewhere between a 7/8 and a 9/10.  At 35 years old, I'm okay with that size.  I don't weigh myself very often, because it will cause me to become obsessive, so I just avoid it. 

Today, I went to my fave store (Maurice's) to get some new work clothes.  I typically do not have to try anything on in that store, because their size 7/8 clothes are made for me.  But today, I tried several different outfits on.  The first two pair of pants fit perfect.  But then I got to the third one, and I was swimming in it.  I was just going to put it back, but decided to ask the sales girl to get me a 5/6 just to try, as I really liked the pair of pants with the outfit that I had picked out.  I just knew that they weren't going to fit. 

But....they did.  Like a glove.  I realize that this just means that this particular pair of pants is made bigger than the rest, but for me, it was freaking awesome.  I want to hang a sign around my neck that says, "These pants are a size 5/6!!!!!"  I realize that this probably makes me sound very shallow, and I apologize.  But, every woman can admit, regardless of their size, that squeezing your behind into a size smaller than you normally wear is an AWESOME feeling.  I literally haven't been able to get into a 5/6 since middle school.  My rather large rear end and thick thighs (in comparison to my relatively small waist) simply will not allow it. 

So, I am excited.  It totally made my day.  I shall hold onto these pants forever, as it will probably never happen again.  :)  Today, it truly was the "little" thing that made me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment