Monday, March 26, 2012

Things this week that made me happy

I'm in such a great mood this morning, I thought I'd make a list of all the things that happened this week that made me happy.  (Trust me, there were an equal number of things that could've spoiled my happiness, but again--I feel it's the little things in life that we often overlook, so I'm sharing.)

1.  My boys had their first baseball game on Saturday.  This was my youngest's first non-teeball game, and my oldest tends to crack under the undue pressure he puts on himself in a game, so I wasn't expecting much.  However, this Saturday was an extremely exciting suprise.  My oldest hit the ball all three times he was up to bat and made it to base.  On his last hit, he scored an in-field home run.  Um, yeah--I was stoked.  My youngest was up to bat twice, in the bottom of the line-up, of course, because he's also one of the youngest on the team.  He knocked the ball almost to the outfield and made it to base twice.  He made it home by subsequent batters his second time up.  So, I had five opportunities during one game to yell, "THAT'S MY KID!!!!"  I didn't....but I could have.  I was beaming.  Awesome way to start the season!!

2.  I have become a fan of the show, "The Voice."  I was already a fan of Blake Shelton and Adam Levine, so this was just an initial great reason to get into a new show.  Number one, they are both GORGEOUS.  Number two, they are both funny.  It doesn't get any better.  Imagine my surprise when I picked up this week's People magazine (I am an admitted People addict) and they were on the cover.  While reading the article last night in bed, my husband commented that I was smiling while reading.  Yup, I was.  They are even funny in print.  And the pics were great.  I would absolutely love to hang out with them for a day.  I even love Miranda Lambert, Blake's real-life wife.  It made me happy. 

3.  Also a fan of Colton on American Idol.  He's great looking (although that sort of makes me borderline gross, as he could probably be my son), he can sing, and he plays the piano.  And his performance this week was "The Piano Man," a song that I have always loved.  And it rocked.  Oh, yeah--the little things.  I love him, and really hope he wins, although I admittedly love several of the other contestants, too. 

4.  Also on AI, Steven Tyler got ticked off and kinda reamed HeeJun.  I can't stand that dude.  He's so obnoxious, and he even admitted that he didn't care whether he won or not.  That's so insulting to the other kids who really want to win.  I loved it that someone finally read him the riot act.  I admit that he can be funny and slightly entertaining at times, but AI is not a comedy routine.  It's a talent competition for singing.  He's got a decent voice, but he lets his stupidity overshadow it.  He really gets on my nerves, so I was very happy that Steven Tyler finally put him in his place. 

5.  I finished my last non-Accounting class assignment this morning.  That means 11 more classes, all Accounting, before I FINALLY graduate from college (hey--it has only taken me 18 years).  That's exactly nine months from today that I will officially be a college graduate.  I've been in school for eleven months.  I can do this.  And, I am still on the Chancellor's List with a 4.0 GPA.  That is an accomplishment I NEVER expected.  Working full-time, being a baseball mom, AND keeping a 4.0 GPA?  Wow.  I'm super proud of myself. 

      So, that's it.  I've had a good week.  Like I said, I have an equal amount to complain about, but that would be to no avail.  Complaining is anti-productive.  I like to try to focus on the great whenever possible.  Today, it is definitely possible.  So I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment