Friday, April 27, 2012

Velveeta

So, I will be the first to admit that I'm a little bit....cheesy.  Thus, the name of this post.  I use every cliche in the book and believe them.  I live my life like one big analogy.  Seriously.  But, I swear they help me to take one day at a time, enjoy the moment, carpe diem, and all that garbage.  Today is one of those days when I am feeling particularly nostalgic/cheesy/whatever.  So, if you're not in the mood for a little Velveeta, move along. 

I was singing the song "Count Your Blessings"--it's an old hymn, for all of you sadistic people who don't know....  It's a really great song.  (By the way, I can also relate almost every song I hear to something or someone in my life and often do to the point of pyschosis....)

So, I was counting my blessings.  I get overwhelmed quite a bit lately.  (There's a previous post about "how I do it all" which I am not savvy enough to tag in this post so that it will take you straight there, but if you scroll way down there, somewhere, you will see my explanation of why I might feel slightly overwhelmed at times.....).  But, I decided to look at the brighter side of things.  Here's my blessing counter for today: 

1.  I get the day off tomorrow with the fam.  The boys have a baseball game.  Afterwards, we're going to celebrate the hubby's birthday three days late with a nice dinner out somewhere.  Then, we're going to the local minor league game, where my oldest will be recognized for Most Improved Student in his class!!  Sounds like a GREAT day to me!! 
2.  While I am bogged down with schoolwork to the point that I spend multiple nights a week for four plus hours in front of the computer, I am so thankful for this opportunity to finish my degree and see what opportunities might possibly lie in store for me. 
3.  Next weekend I get to go spend some more time (hopefully) with my fam in WV.  Although I expect it to be kind of a tough couple of days (I'm helping with Grandma's house), I also expect it to be full of great memories and laughs.  I also will get to visit Grandma's grave and see Papa while I'm there. 
4.  I have the best husband in the world, period.
5.  I have a job.  It pays the bills and provides benefits.  My boss views me as an asset. 
6.  My beloved car is still kicking after ten years and almost 200k miles.  Gotta love Hondas. 
7.  My dog loves me.
8.  I got to go on a field trip with my youngest this week.
9.  I have managed to stay above the BS in my life recently.  (Trust me, people, this is a feat for me.)  I have not sunk to anyone else's level, nor have I let their attempts at negativity or button pushing get to me.  I am above it, and geez is it so much more stress-free when you can just shrug stupid people off!!
10.  My rats are still alive and kicking.  After losing three in less than a month, the remaining two are doing great.  (Although we did have to separate them because they wouldn't stop fighting.) 

Now, I'm off to work.  I've counted my blessings, and I feel great. 

On a side note, a woman said to me yesterday, "You must have gotten up on the right side of the bed this morning."  I smiled and responded, "Even when I don't, I kick my feet around to the right side as often as I can.  Getting up on the wrong side doesn't mean I have to stay there.  The day goes a lot better when I roll over to the other side." 

Roll over to the other side, people.  There's a lot of cheese there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment