Tuesday, April 10, 2012

On the side of Angels

So, obviously, I've been a little weepy and despondent the last week.  But, I'm trying to get back into my zone.  I admit it's been a little harder than even I thought it would be.  I am NOT normally weepy or despondent.  Anyway, because last week was spring break for the boys, we have not had a baseball game in almost two weeks.  As I have mentioned before, one of my greatest joys is watching my boys play baseball.  I don't think I've mentioned it, but they are playing for the Angels this year.  Tonight they have their first game since coming back from spring break (and Grandma dying and the entire whirlwind that has been my last eight days). 

They are all dressed in their uniforms and practicing in the yard before we leave for the field.  I have to admit, I don't feel like I've had a whole lot to genuinely smile about since we got home from the funeral.  But, seeing them in their uniforms has given me my first sincere smile and my first little butterflies of happiness.  I've prayed more in the last couple of days than I admittedly have in a while.  And, I realized just now, that God has truly sent me some "Angels."  I know it probably sounds like I'm grasping for straws here, but it's really the way I feel.  Although the sun's been shining since I got home, this is the first day that I feel like a sunbeam has hit me. 

So, I am off to watch the boys play, and I am definitely sitting on the side of Angels.  Thanks, God, for throwing me that bone.  I sure needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment