Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How do you do it?

So I met someone new at work today, and I was talking about my kids and school and some other stuff going on in my life.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "How the heck do you do it all?"  It made me stop.  The truth is, I don't know. 

I work 50-55 hours a week, every week.  I do not have the luxury of a 40 hour work week.  I wouldn't even begin to know what to do with myself if I did.  I work nights, weekends, early mornings--you name it, I work it.  When I'm not working, I'm happily married (yes, really) and have two growing little boys, who are (for all intents and purposes) extremely smart, extremely happy, extremely loved little boys. 

I'm also working towards my bachelor's degree.  I've been back in school online for a year, and I will FINALLY get my degree in December.  I will have my BSA.  Don't ask me what I'm going to do with it--I have no idea.  I just know I will have accomplished a goal, and I'm proud of myself for finally doing it.  Oh, and, by the way--I'm on the Chancellor's List, not to be confused with the Dean's List--I have a 4.0 GPA.  Yay, me!!!  :)

My kids are both playing basketball, and I have yet to miss a game this season.  My youngest also just signed up for his 3rd or 4th year of baseball (I can't remember....).  My goal is to not miss one of those games, either. 

I also have a menagerie of animals at the house.  If it weren't for my hubby, I'd undoubtedly be an animal hoarder.  At present, we have a St. Bernard, a cat (that I had to nurse as a baby when she was abandoned in a box), a bird, two Dumbo rats, and some fish.  And, I am happy to say, I have enough love for all of them. 

So, how do I do it?  With a lot of help from my amazing husband, for one thing.  But other than that--I have no idea.  It's not without the occasional complaint, I assure you. 

On the other hand, I'd like to know how these people do "it"--
1.  Single parents--I admire you, and have NO IDEA how you do it.
2.  People in abusive relationships--I do NOT admire you, and do not understand WHY you do it.
3.  People raising daughters--I never wanted to do it.  Not that I wouldn't have loved and worshipped any daughter that the hubby and I could have been blessed with, but I always wanted boys, and thank God He saw fit to give them to me.  I just can't see myself with girls, and I don't know how people  raise daughters in this world.....

Compared to these things, I think my life is pretty darn easy.  A little hectic, maybe.  But no sweat (most days).  Nothing like a little blood, sweat, and tears to make for a little more appreciation for the kisses, hugs, and laughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment