Thursday, January 26, 2012

Learning to Blog

So, as I sit here pondering what to blog about, I did what every great thinker does when they're stuck---I Google'd.  Yup, I admit it.  I am such a pathetic blogger that I Google'd "things to blog about."  Ironically, I came up with a site that some expert has listed 50 things to blog about.  So, instead of using an idea from his list, so to speak, I'm going to comment about his list.  (Here's the original site:  How to Start a Blog )  For the nonexistent reader's information, I did not use all of his 50 suggestions, but only a few of them....

1.  "Take a photo--share pictures instead of words." -- Well, okay.....

 This picture simply cracks me up, and so must be shared. 

2.  "Share a relevant YouTube video..."  Relevant?  Relevant to what?  Well, alright....


If you haven't seen this commercial, o.m.g.  Absolutely freaking hysterical.  I just hope the stupid link works.....If not, go to YouTube, search "grandson with a dog collar," and watch the DirecTv commercial.  Now.  And then come back, because I know by now you are obviously bored out of your mind and have nothing better to do than read this blog intrigued....

3.  "Comment on another blog on your blog."  Duh...isn't that what I'm doing?!

4.  "Comment on news events and how it relates to your field."  Clearly, the author of these suggestions missed my previous post about what I won't blog about--sports and politics.  Isn't that really all the news is about?  And, really, how does the restaurant business have anything to do with news?  *Ahem* THIS JUST IN....THE SERVERS AT XYZ RESTAURANT ARE NOW WEARING JEANS AS A PART OF THEIR UNIFORM.....  I mean, really?  I think my blog is boring enough, thank you....

5.  "Write a How To Post."  Oh, this one is so laughable.  What if I don't know how to "how to"?  I'm not in any way, shape, or form, crafty, artsy, or chef-y.  Trust me when I say you don't really want to know "how to" do much of anything that I've tried to create on my own.  I am the reader of "how to's", NOT the author.  My How To list would go something like this:
      a.  How To pretend like you're paying attention on a conference call
      b.  How To de-shed a 105 lb St. Bernard
      c.  How to return a dead pet rat to the store & replace it without your kid finding out that said dead rat ever died.....
      d.  How to completely screw up the making of new porch steps
      e.  How to ensure that every tape line will show when dry-walling
      f.  How to start a painting job and never finish it

Yeah....I'm not really sure anyone's interested. 

In case you're curious, there are 45 other suggestions, as well.  The only one I found that really applied to something I'd want to blog about was, well, random babbling.  (Could be why I have no followers.....) 

So, on I go to randomness.  And, just for good measure, I'll throw in another picture.  (If you need another YouTube video, search "Don't Wake Up in a Roadside Ditch"--also a very funny DirecTv commercial.)



1 comment:

  1. Let me just say that I enjoy your blog very much. Blogs that try too hard are not as fun. Popularity is highly overrated. Not that I would know.

    ReplyDelete